Thursday, February 4, 2016

With Love

This is about the time of year where I just want to run away. I'm sick of school, I'm sick of work, I'm sick of waking up before the sun even rises, and I'm sick of this blasted, winter weather. I am exuberantly happy that January is finally over, and Puxataney Phil said we're going to have an early spring so I sure hope he's right for the sake of my winter time blues. I am ready to just start wearing shorts and swimsuits to protest this winter 2.0. I may or may not have called in sick to work today because some days you just can't do it. Some days you just feel defeated. I feel like its been Week: 10 Sydney: 0. Today is one of those days. Right now, the only thing on my mind is the time of year where love is in the air. I know Valentine's Day seems to have a bad rep if you're a single person, however I am in love so this is one of the best times of the year for me and it's a nice change from our drab friend January.

In my years, which are not really that many in the scheme of things, I have learned a lot about love. I have learned that there are good and bad kinds of love. There are different kinds of love. There is the love for your mom which is something that builds stronger with time. You realize how much you love your mom when she's there for you when a boy breaks your heart, when she's there for you when you don't want to go to the doctor's alone, and when she is there for you when you want your favorite home cooked meal. There is the love for your best friend. You realize how much you love your best friend when you're laughing over a joke that only you two would understand. There is love for your siblings, sisters especially. You realize you love sisters when you need new clothes, but don't want to buy them, when you're fighting with your parents and need someone who relates, and when you're having bad dreams and end up in their bed. There is love for your dad.  You realize you love your dad when he sprays the invisible monster spray in your closet and under your bed when you're little, when he threatens to bring out his gun when a boy comes over, and when he makes those imfamous dad jokes that never get old. There is a love for yourself. This love might be the hardest of all to come by. You realize you love yourself when you wake up everyday feeling comfortable in your own skin, when you feel happy with where life is taking you, and when you feel confident enough to leave the house with no makeup, unkept hair, and morning breath. And finally, there is a love for that boy that we all hope to find sometime in our life.  I grew up watching Disney movies, the princesses' especially. I have had the dream of finding my prince charming since the minute I watched Aurora dance with Prince Phillip in the woods.

Love is weird. You find someone that fits with every part of you; every part of your life, your body, and your mind. When your hands fit perfectly in each others and when your hugs feel like the missing puzzle piece in a 1000 piece puzzle. You will know you are in love when every single reminder of it takes you back to a moment in time with that special person. You will know you're in love when something happens to you in your day, and the first person you want to tell is him. You will know your in love when you wake up to a bed- headed boy with crust in his eyes and morning breath and you still want nothing more than to never stop kissing them. I am not a big believer in soul mates, however I believe when you are meant to be with someone you will know. Everything will align and everything will feel right. I know I am in love because when I think of pancakes and coffee on a Sunday morning, I think of Easton. When I think of walking a dog in the park, I think of Easton. When I think of creating a home, I think of Easton. When I think of traveling the world, I think of Easton. When I think about those late night Del Taco runs on Friday nights to get my a churro to adhere to my cravings, I think about how no one else would do that for me but Easton. When I think about the nights where he elbows me in the face while he's asleep, but then pulls me in for cuddles I can't help but think that something so simple can be so wonderful. You will know you're in love when the most simple things in life excite you to no end because it involves that other person. Love is a beautiful and complicated thing. I could go on and on about all the people in my life and how much I love about them. Love is something that is supposed to be shared and it deserves to be. So during this month, think about all the things you love. Trust me, your list will go on for miles. Happy February all!!

P.S: If you noticed, I changed the title of my blog all together. I decided to go in another direction and close in on the purpose of this blog, and it's just that. The love of writing. I want this to purpose as a portfolio and as something that can positively impact someone, anyone out there. I want to make a difference.

XO- Sydney Lauren




No comments:

Post a Comment