Monday, February 22, 2016

Pure Bliss

Bliss
 noun: Perfect happiness, great joy

Good morning world! This is what the dictionary defines as bliss. As I'm laying in my stupidly small twin bed in my college dorm room on a rainy, dreary Monday as I overdose on Vitamin C trying to shake this cold, I think about all the things that are on my bliss list. Happiness is obtained from those few simple things on that "bliss list" that lead to greater joy. Here are a few things I find bliss in:

1. Morning coffee
I honestly look forward to going to bed so I can wake up and make my coffee, is that bad? I think one might call that an addiction. But, I can stop I promise.

2. Disney movies
I may or may not have spent the entire weekend watching Disney movies including Monsters Inc. and Brave a total of two times each. Whoops. I was sick so I have an excuse.

3. Holding hands in public with my significant other
There is nothing quite better than walking through a crowded mall or into a restaurant holding the hand of the boy I love most. It's kind of nice to show him off.

4. Eating a home cooked meal
Okay, maybe the reason I go home every weekend is to get a little bit of my mom's cooking and sleep in a normal sized bed. It's a nice change from my college food plan.

5. Daisies
If you ever want to make me smile,white daisies will do the trick. Not roses. Ew roses.

6.  Pictures
I love taking pictures. Easton will be the first to tell you that, even though he cringes when I beg to take a picture, he is always a good sport about it. Being able to look back on those captured moments and recall the memories that that picture holds is priceless.

7. Fall
Fall is hands down the best season there is. The fresh, crisp air and the cruncy leaves under my boots. Scarves. Pumpkin spice. Changing leaves. Halloween. Nothing can beat October. I'm its biggest fan.

8. Breakfast food
Never ever would I turn down breakfast food. I would eat it for all three meals if I could. Who doesn't love a good Belgian waffle? Three words, KNEADERS FRENCH TOAST. AM I RIGHT?

9. A Good Book
Reading is my guilty pleasure. I'm not sure why I get so much grief for liking to read. I have gone through about 8 or 9 books in the past month. It's almost bad how easy it is for me to escape into a book and zone everything out. My idea of fun is going to Barnes and Noble.

10. $5 movie Tuesdays
If you have a Megaplex theatres near you, then you know what I'm talking about. 10/10 highly recommend.

11. Tan lines
Like I said, when I look out my window I'm seeing gray skies right now so I'm suffering from a little more than just a cold aka spring fever. I sure do miss tan lines. After a day in the sun, the lines from where your swimsuit kissed your skin is probably one of the most satisfying things.

12. New clothes
I will be the first to admit that retail therapy is indeed real.

13. A Heart to Heart Conversation
Every now and then, our hearts need a little attention too. Talking with friends, family, or the love of your life can bring great bliss from those meaningful conversations.

14. When Someone Tells You How Proud They Are Of You
I have gone out on a limb and out of my comfort zone with this blog. It is amazing to hear and feel the support I have from people. There is nothing better than hearing your parents say "I'm proud of you."  No matter how old I am, that will never get old.

15. Trying Something New
There is something quite exhilarating about trying a new thing whether it be going somewhere you've never been, trying a food you've never tasted, or stepping outside of your comfort zone to do something you've never done before.  Maybe try sushi next time you go out (yum) or maybe even learn how to ski if that's something you've never done. Its all about accomplishments.

16. Sunsets
Utah hands down has some of the prettiest sunsets. I can't even comprehend how beautiful God's creation can be. Sunsets are something so wonderful because its the end of a day reminding us how beautiful it is that we have made it through another one.

I wish everyone could take a step back from their busy Mondays or whatever day you're reading this on, and make a "bliss list". Try to deconstruct what it is that makes you happy. They are usually the simpler things in life.  That list of organic things can help you realize what you might be lacking when it comes to happiness. I hope everyone can live a life full of bliss like I am learning to do. Bliss is whatever brings you perfect happiness, great joy, or even just a smile to your face.

Happy Monday!

XO- Sydney Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment