Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Words from Mr. McGraw

As I got home from my busy day and started on the enormous list of homework on my to do list, I turned on Pandora to help me diligently get through what I needed to do for the next morning. Right in a moment where I felt like giving up and just going to sleep and avoiding all responsibility, I heard a song from my favorite singer Tim McGraw. The song immediately caught my preoccupied attention, and I actually listened to the lyrics which I usually don't when I don't know the song. Like I said, I stopped everything I was doing to listen to this song cause I had never heard it before. It was titled "Humble and Kind". In his song, he talks about no matter what little thing in life seems like such a chore, do it. Do it for your mom. Do it for your family. Do it for yourself. Because in the end, those little things are what matter the most. He says he knows that we all have mountains to climb, but we can't forget to be humble and kind. When life rewards us with what we have been working so hard for, remember to turn around and still stay humble and kind. Tim McGraw you've really done it this time. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love country music but this song in particular just came to me at the exact time I needed it.

Sometimes I am bitter. Sometimes I wake up and think "Why do I have to do it today?" "Why do I have to complete the same old routine?" Truth is, I am so blessed with the life I live. We can not take for granted the love life gives to us. No matter how bad my day might seem or how alone or bad I'm feeling about myself, I need to remember the reminder that Tim McGraw gave me tonight. Stay humble and kind.   Even if you don't like country, listen to this song. Thanks for giving me a reminder that life is precious Tim McGraw.

XO- Sydney Lauren



http://www.vevo.com/watch/tim-mcgraw/Humble-And-Kind-(Official-Video)/USCJY1518521

No comments:

Post a Comment