Sunday, January 24, 2016

Easton Riley

Birthdays have to be one of my favorite events of the year. Not just my birthday, but the birthday of the people in my life as well. Today, the love of my life left his teenage years and turned 20! 20, oh my gosh 20 sounds so old. I thought this would be a good time to introduce him. My boyfriend of a little over 2 years is Easton Riley Poulsen. Since it's his birthday I wanted to write a little something about him.

Our love story is a little different than most. Honestly I don't even know if I'm really his girlfriend cause he never actually asked me to be. Just kidding but really he never asked me out officially. I knew of Easton since I was in 8th grade at South Jordan Middle School. He is a year older than me so he was always the cool older kid that honestly intimidated me. His friends would stand in a certain place in the hall and I would take all routes in the school to avoid it. He was always dating a girl and that's honestly how I always identified him was "her boyfriend". Anyways, time went on and he was never even a tiny thought in my head. It was almost as if he didn't exist. I went in to high school and pretty soon on got a boyfriend. He was a senior and I was a sophomore. I don't like to say I have any regrets in my life, but this might be one of them. I lost friends over this relationship and it just wasn't healthy or benefiting me in anyway and I stayed in it way longer than I should have because I felt like I was the cool sophomore girl with a senior boyfriend. Long story short, I met Easton.

I had just gotten out of a bad breakup. And I mean bad. I wasn't looking for anything I honestly wanted to be a nun. This sounds so stupid, but it is the age of social media. He posted " Favorite this tweet and I'll message you what I really think of you" I saw that and honestly didn't even know I followed him on Twitter. Looking back on it, I was like "oh what the heck why not" and I might have done it only to piss my ex-boyfriend off. So I got a message from Easton that night that said something like "I've always thought you were really pretty and we should hangout sometime". Like him, everyone knew I had had a boyfriend as well. After that message he sent another and said "are you still with your boyfriend?" I said no. He got my number and we spent the whole rest of the night texting until I fell asleep. When I woke up in the morning I contemplated if I should text him and continue the conversation since I fell asleep the night before so I did. And the rest is history. just kidding I'll keep going for any of you that care and it's also kind of fun for me to look back on this as I'm writing this entry. We met up for the first time at the state football game at Rice Eccles Stadium. It was weird and awkward and there wasn't much to say, but boy did I have a crush.

Later that night, he asked me if I wanted to go to a party with him. I didn't. I hated parties. I offered that he come over to my house and we watch a movie. I picked him up, and again it was kind of weird because we knew nothing about each other. We put on a scary movie, The Conjuring I think it was. But anyways, we didn't even watch the movie. We just talked and talked and talked which I thought was kind of weird because I did not expect him to be that easy to talk to. When the night ended, he pulled me in for the most perfect, not awkward first kiss I ever had. I was so vulnerable. Fast forward time a little, and we kept hanging out. We went through a lot in the first couple of months of our relationship with drama from both of our exes and to be honest that was a lot of pain and I didn't think we would make it. But, he was there for me the whole way. Months later after he graduated from high school, he moved away to Vancouver, Washington for six months and we still managed to make it God knows how. We've been through hell and back with each other and he has never left my side.

Easton is a handsome, caring man that people don't realize until they get to know him. He may seem hard on the outside, but he has such a big heart. He is passionate and motivated to be successful and that's something I admire. He is brave and athletic and smart even if he hates school more than most. He is fun loving and will make you feel safe and secure no matter where you are. He doesn't sugar coat things and he values family and friends dearly. That's only some of what I love about him. Anyways, I doubt he will read this because reading isn't his thing and I've made it so stinking long but Happy Birthday East. Thanks for letting me be in your life and fall in love with you all over again every single day. Thanks for making me smile when I don't even feel like getting out of bed in the morning. Thank you for experiencing new things and adventures with me and loving me for who I am flaws and all. I hope this can be another year full of anything you want it to be. Happy Birthday my aquarius baby!





XO- Sydney Lauren

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and you two make a great couple!!! Hope the best for both of you!!

    ReplyDelete