Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My Shopaholic Self

So I guess I should probably explain why I chose the title I did for this blog. Mostly I just tried to think of something that sound like a bloggy title. I also wanted it to be personalized for me. I am a college student so money is not something I have in abundance as much as I wish I did. I work for Response Marketing which is at a call center called Nudge. I call people for $9 everyday and beg them to come to our "Millionaire Mind Experience Events" so everyday I'm reminded of how nice it would be to become a millionaire. I work about 20 hours a week and go to school for about 15 hours weekly. I'm really living the college dream. I have always loved to shop and had a passion for fashion. That sounds like  Bratz doll commercial.
But anyways, shopping is something I love because designing my look and coming up with things to wear is something I find enjoyable. However, its not the cheapest hobby in the world. I'll admit, as I walk down the halls of my school, I look at every girl's outfit and I can't help myself. I am always looking for new ways to wear things and things I want myself. I have a Pinterest board screaming with new shoes, outfits, and ways to design my room. I just don't have the funds so if anyone is willing to start a GoFundMe...totally kidding. Its hard when you're in college and you want to be fashionable but, you have to buy toilet paper and groceries instead.  My uncle made a comment to Easton once to "watch out because I'm a Nordstrom girl" I don't know if it was supposed to be a compliment or an offense towards me. Yeah sure I have a couple items from Nordstrom's including my Hunter rain boots that may or may not have costed half of my month's rent, but I feel like I make my wardrobe look like Nordstrom with a Forever 21 cost.

The "Big Dreams" part of the title of this blog has to do with my obsessive urge to want to travel to every single place on the entire globe. There is so much out there to see. It's almost not fair that there is so much on this Earth and not enough time in our lives to visit and experience it. I can't wait for the day I can travel with the love of my life anywhere we want and just explore. I have what the Germans call Fernweh which means an ache for distance places and the desire to travel. I think I might have inherited that gene from my mother.

All in all, there's the explanation my blog titles. What can I say? I'm an expensive dreamer.

XO- Sydney Lauren
In case you were curious, Hunter Rain boots Tall High Gloss Black  (Nordstrom)




No comments:

Post a Comment