Sunday, January 31, 2016

Six Word Memoirs

If you haven't noticed already, writing is something I love to do. Some of the best and most favorite teachers I've ever had have been English or writing teachers. Currently this semester I have an awesome English 2010 professor that could make anyone love to write. She is a darling, spunky red-head with a Jessica Day esque personality. If you don't know who that is, I recommend watching New Girl. The other day, she had us do an exercise titled "Six Word Memoirs". Basically what she wanted us to do is to come up with descriptions about ourselves and our lives in six words. You might think this would be easy, but it was actually quite difficult. Here are a few of the good ones I came up with myself:

Constantly craving a trip to Disneyland
October is my very favorite color
Smell of Crayola in my car
Battles with sisters over our clothes
Time for rocky road ice cream
School, Work, Homework, Eat, Sleep, Repeat
Obsessed with all things French bulldog

I thought this was a quirky and creative way to give people a feel for who I am. This is just one of the reasons why writing is so incredible, there are a million ways to express yourself and your creativity even just in six words. Can you tell your life story in six words? I wanna hear yours, if you're still reading this blog shoutout to you and thank you for all your support from the bottom of my heart. Let me know if you come up with any six word memoirs in the comments below!  Happy Sunday!

XO- Sydney Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment