Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Novel of My Life in a Spark Notes Version

I guess I should tell a little bit about myself. Since you'll be reading my stuff, it might be nice to have the back story. 19 years ago I was born in Utah the state with the greatest snow on earth to two lovely parents. I was born into a place with a religion that was not the dominant of the state which proved to one of the hard ships in my life growing up. A few years later I got a sister named Olivia and then a few years after that, a sister named Ella. You can only imagine the estrogen that filled our house. I had a great childhood full of memories of Barbies, stuffed animals, and dress ups among all the other things girls love. It's fun to have sisters because you always have someone there. But on the other hand, if you don't want your clothes to go missing having sisters isn't for you. I attended a private Lutheran school all throughout elementary. I was never the girl that had a lot of friends especially because I didn't quite fit in with the neighbor kids around me. But again, I always had sisters. When I was about 13, my parents divorced and that was extremely hard for me and still is sometimes but having two Christmases isn't such a bad gig. My beautiful, strong willed mom Stacey, works for Southwest Airlines so we've always had the benefit to fly anywhere we wanted, when ever we wanted and maybe that's the reason I have such a desire to travel. My dad Chris is a goofy guy with a love for Harleys and flip flops in the winter time. I have two cats, Max and JoJo who make the crazy cat lady side in my come out on occasion. I graduated high school in 2015 from Bingham High School. High School might have been one of the worst times in my life and sometimes I can't even believe I survived. You could not pay me to go back there.

I have lived such a perfect life thus far and I'm so lucky and blessed with what I've been given including my health and happiness. Currently, I am attending Utah Valley University working on Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations. Mental high five to you if you know what public relations is!! I am so excited for my future in that career field. I will be interning at Good Things Utah this summer and I just want to brag and tell the whole world how stoked I am about that. I don't have many friends, but quality over quantity any day. I am in love with my best friend whom I met when I was in middle school, but we started our journey together when I was a junior in high school. He makes me a better person and I have him to thank for helping me get through high school. My hobbies include, traveling, reading any good book I can get my hands on or get time to read, writing, going to country concerts, drinking coffee, shopping, and also trying new food and new places. I am a Libra who sticks pretty much to the part and I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.

This was a quick little novel about my life, so I hope you were able to understand a little about who I am.  Side note: I'm looking out the window and January really is the worst month. I don't even know if anyone is reading this, but cheers to the rest of your weekends!

 XO- Sydney Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment